5.04.2017

Day Three of Our Trip to the Smokey Mountains



Welcome to my Blog Friends..................


Today we took on the Rainbow Falls Trail which was the first one for the week. Now that I sit and share this with you I can't help but think how it was probably a good thing it was first because then I had two days off to recover. This one about took me out! 


I was worried about what everything would look like due to the recent fires. There were some areas that were hit hard like this first trail and then others had amazing new growth and blooms. The tree below was burned and you can see how big it is with Trey standing just to the right of where it fell. 


You could tell that a lot of work has been done to help clear the walking paths. 


My favorite part of every trail we did during the week are the water streams that run through. I just love everything about them. 


I was so proud of how hard Trey pushed through every trail and never complained. He did such an amazing job! 



The view was very pretty with the other mountains in the background. The sun would peek through the trees. 


This trail took us 5 1/2 hours to complete, so there were several breaks. I had the hardest time getting used to the altitude. 


I was so happy I brought three bottles of water because I needed all of it! 


I was proud that I made it across this bridge, but we were not even halfway there at this point. Much more to go! 


I did it! 


We found a total of three waterfalls and they were so pretty. 







Then we finally made it to the top! I was so proud of us but we had a long way back after this! 





The picture below is when a lady said I should climb up higher because the picture would look better so I turned into a rock climber! 



I love the picture below because it reminds me of the huge challenge this was for our first day but we did it! 



I was just so proud of this guy and how hard he pushed during this hike. 




This was the highlight of the journey when we walked up on a group of four deer. It was just amazing to see them in their world. 



I can not even begin to tell you how much I love this guy! He is so kind and more than I ever imagined to have in a husband. Ok, thank you for letting me have a mushy moment!!!


Simply beautiful and graceful as they just slowly walked and looked at us. I can not believe how they were not scared, but I guess they see people every day. 


The picture below is funny because I told Trey to take my picture with the deer and make sure I was in it......well I guess I kind of was!

There we go....thats better!




Then we were off to dinner because we were so hungry and Mellow Mushroom was the only thing I could think of. 


This had to be the coolest Mellow Mushroom I have ever seen! 


This was the first time we had the pretzel bites and they were amazing. We only have the large pretzels back at home but I hope these are added to the menu soon! 


Now you can come along and feel like you are part of all the fun with the video I put together below. Have fun and be sure to subscribe so you never miss out! 


See you in the next post! 



Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...