12.18.2016

DIY Peppermint Sticks for Hot Chocolate and Movie Night


I have had so much fun sharing my 25 Days of Christmas on my Youtube Channel this year and one of my favorite items to share have been these adorable Peppermint Spoons for your hot chocolate! 


You will need Starlight Peppermints and a Silicon Spoon Mold that you can find on Amazon. 


Here is what you do:
  • Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
  • In a ziplock bag, crush the peppermints. You can see in my video how I crushed mine. 
  • Use a teaspoon to fill the spoon mold with the crushed peppermint – be sure to put extra by the top of the spoon part and at the neck of the spoon (where the spoon and handle meet). These are areas that break easy.
  • Place in oven and let melt completely. Mine took about 10 minutes, but every oven is different and you just have to watch it. Once it had melt a good bit, I took mine out and added some additional crushed peppermint wherever it looked thin. I let it cook for a few minutes longer.
  • Take out of the oven and let cool. Only the parents should touch it when it comes out because it is very hot!


These are so cute sitting out for your Hot Chocolate Cocoa Night to go along with Movie Night! 





Here is the complete video on how to make yours! I hope you enjoy and be sure to subscribe! 



Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...