10.26.2016

Morning Routine to Help You Be Successful



This is part of my New You Series that I started at the beginning of the year and I have been enjoying all of your comments and feedback with how much you are enjoying it. This week I want to share with you how important it is to have a morning routine. It doesn't matter if you are a student, professional that works outside of the home, a stay at home mom, or retired. I know you will take something away from this post and video that will help you. 

No matter what you have scheduled during the day, it only makes sense to have a routine so you can make the most of the day. No one wants to run around in circles and feel like nothing was accomplished. Let me share a few tips that work for me. 




First Tip

Are you a morning person or a night owl? When I first had someone ask me this question years ago, I would always tell them that I was a night owl, but felt this way because I didn't like to wake up early. That's not what this question means. When answering this question you are trying to determine when is your best time to get the most done. 

My answer is now that I am a morning person. I still HATE to wake up early, but once I am up, I am at my most productive level. My energy level is high, and my focus is intense. 

It's key that you understand how your mind and body works. It's also time to stop telling yourself that your not a morning person because chances are you can be great in the morning. 




Second Tip

I feel like the phrase, "studies show" is overused but in this case, it does fit. Studies do show that successful people get up earlier and take time for themselves before starting their day. This could be for fitness, a Bible study, meditation, or a hobby. The key is not to get up early to start your chores or work. This is time for you to help focus and clear your mind. 

I have never felt like I was at my best when I wake up because I slept until the very last minute, jumped in the shower and rushed out the door to work. I feel more in control when I wake up early and manage my time. Its amazing what taking your time to drink your hot coffee can do for you instead of pouring it into a travel mug and splashing it around as you are trying to run out the door. 



Third Tip

How do you make this happen? 

You have to wake up early, and it is just that simple. For most of us, we can only make this happen if we go to bed earlier. Believe me; I know what it is like having kids, homework, housework, dinner, laundry, and more. What I found here is while I was doing these items there was a lot of watching tv between or other distractions that I could cut out. I was shocked with how much tv I watched and time was slipping away from me. I took my time back, and it made such a difference. I have all of my favorite tv channels set to record and I watch them on the weekend. 

Fourth Tip

Planning things the night before makes a big difference. It doesn't make sense to get up early only to spend all of that time trying to figure out what you need to do. There were times I would catch myself walking around and wondering if I was going to take my lunch to work that day and if so what was it going to be? Was I going to exercise that day and if so did I have clean workout gear? This could go on and on but once I started planning things out the night before I found that I woke up and went right to it. I love that feeling of knowing what I am going to do and what I needed to do!



Tip Five

Unplug for a little while in the morning. Oh, how I love this one!

When I do my walk/run, I do not allow myself to check emails, get on social media,  or take phone calls. This is my time to clear my head and work on a healthy body. I will listen to music or an audio book for a little while but towards the end when I am in the cool down zone I take out my earbuds and listen to the mother nature. The birds singing and the squirrels running in the grass from tree to tree. Sounds like a poem but it really does help with stress. 

Your extra time in the morning needs to be spent in a way that will allow you to do something that makes you better. Really look at how you are spending it. One thing I do now while I am getting dress and ready for work is to put on a Beth Moore Bible study. I love her studies and always feel like it is time well spent. She always has my favorite bible studies and gets me so addicted to studying the word. If you need something to really kick start your desire to study the word, I recommend any of her studies!




Tip Six

Fitness in the morning has made such a difference in how I feel for so many reasons. One of the most significant benefits is I make better decisions with my food choices. After a long walk, I know how much work went into it, and the last thing I want to do is put lots of junk in my body. I find that I actually crave fruits and lean proteins during the day.

I also feel better mentally after a nice walk in the morning. Things that might have stressed me out or caused anxiety just don't seem to matter as much. There is something about taking in some extra sun and fresh air that does amazing things for you.

Now, what if you can't get away to walk because you have to get the kids ready.



Here is a great video to use and follow along with this post! I know you will find it helpful and be sure to subscribe so you never miss out. I try to bring new post to you multiple times during the week with both my blog and Youtube channel. I love the community we have built together and all enjoy. 




See you next time as I share a new tip with you to help put in your life and make the most of every day! 



SaveSave
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...