6.29.2016

Tips for Spending More Time With Your Family


If you have followed me since my first day or if this week was your first week to find me then I am sure you can tell that spending time with my family is very important to me. Here are a couple of tips that can help you find ways to spend more time with your family. 



Have a plan and let your family feel there are options to pick from. Before we started doing this I found that we would spend 15 minutes just trying to figure out what to do. Everyone would say, "I don't care, I don't care" or "You pick because anything is fine with me." One way to make sure your family time if meaningful is to give your family options that are easily laid out and already parent approved. 


I do this by breaking down my list into budget categories. I actually have a row for $10.00 or less. This could be a date night for Eddie and myself to go out for coffee. We will go to one of the local coffee shops and sit for an hour and enjoy talking with no cell phone or internet interruptions. 


I also break it down for restaurants. I place my fast food price range locations that we enjoy to the higher end locations. The last thing I want to do is talk myself into a high end restaurant when my budget is $30.00 for all three of us that week. 



We also take turns picking something from the list. So one week might be Trey's turn and so on. The good thing about this is I have already pre-approve the list. Trey thinks he is picking the location but the good news is the location is parent approved!




Next- Be consistent. Having a family night doesn't always mean that you need to go out and spend money. You can have a family night by making Taco Tuesday or Friday Night Pizza night. You can have a family favorite TV show. They key here is have your family in a habit of a family night. You don't want to go a month with nothing and then try to bring it up. Let your family know you value spending time with them and its so important to you that you keep it on the schedule. 




Get organized to help you save time. Do you know how much time you waste looking for your keys everyday. I now have a basket that I drop mine in each time I walk in the door so I don't have to spend 15 minutes searching my house. Also lay things out at night so your mornings can go smooth with the kids. Teach them to lay out their items so the start of their day is a positive one. 





Family Meetings- I think family meetings are a must and they only take 5-10 minutes. This is a great time to sit down Sunday evening and have everyone be on the same page so your week can be productive. You don't need a fancy planner and can actually go online and print something for free. Give this a try for one month, so each Sunday night for 4 weeks meet with your family and plan the week. 




Have you ever taken a look at your calendar to see how often you schedule a family night. Pick a different color pencil or pen and write in your family night. If you don't see anything then we have a problem! Remember that family night doesn't mean you have to spend money. Make it around dinner time and sit together and talk. 



Last tip is to set a timer and only allow yourself to do something for a certain amount of time. If I didn't do this I would end up in front of my computer for hours. I use my computer for everything so I really do have to limit my time. 




I hope you find these tips helpful and I can't wait for you to find new things to do with your family! 



I hope you found these tips helpful and they really can work for you! 




SaveSave
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...