9.30.2015

Halloween Series | Halloween Cake Pops & DIY Plate



Time for part three in my Halloween Series! I am going to share with you how to make these cute no bake cake pops and the cake platter to go with it. Nothing says yummy goodness like a platter spelling out BOO! 


Be sure to watch my video below for step by step instructions. 

You will start by using your chopper and mixing 20 Oreo cookies and 4 oz of cream cheese. Mix until it is in a ball. Before you can start making them into smaller balls you must get a good chill on your cookie dough ball. Place the one large cookie ball in the freezer for about 45 minutes. This will help you be able to handle it and make smaller cookie pops. 

Then make several small ball size cookie cake pops. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes before you dip in the chocolate. Also do not stick your straws in the just yet. 



Melt your white chocolate chips in a double boiler setup to allow you to dip your cake pops in. Its always very important that you never get water in your chocolate. Make sure to not fill your pot to full or it will splash.


I dipped mine with this stick on since these will be sitting on the cake pop and the straw will be straight up. You will want to make sure you are able to cover the top completely without getting your straw to covered.



See how easy this is so far! Anyone can do this and your guest will just love them! Who doesn't love Oreo's and chocolate! Once your cake pops dry then go pack with a soon and spread chocolate over them in a very messy way to create lines like a wrapped mummy would have. 


Now lets make this awesome platter to serve your cake pops on. I purchased mine from HomeGoods for $3.99. I picked up my glass chalk paint from Hobby Lobby and used the online coupon for even more savings.

Again be sure to watch my tutorial video below for detailed instructions on how to make your plate. I tapped off the bottom of my plate and painted it to allow me to be able to write Boo...!! You can of course write anything you would like.



This plate is perfect for Holidays or just serving a sweet dish with your family. I have so many ideas on how I will use my plate for all types of events during the year.



Look how cute our pops turned out on our new platter. I am so pleased with how this turned out and I can not wait until my guest get to see this on Halloween night when I make these again. My family was able to eat this round and they loved them! It was so easy to put together.



I hope you enjoyed taking a look at this fun idea! Be sure to stay in touch as I bring more ideas your way for this fun time of year!



See you next time! 




Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...