6.16.2014

Crawfish Pasta Recipe


This is a very rich delicious recipe but I must tell you that its one you will only make for something special as we did for Fathers Day. I do not know what the calorie count is but I can only imagine it is high! Well worth making but save it for something special.


1lb. crawfish tails. I pick up the frozen pack from Walmart
3/4 stick of butter
1 pint of half and half- you could also use heavy cream
4 cloves of garlic- I use the pre chopped in jar
1/2 chopped yellow onion
1-2 tbs Creole Seasoning
1 box of pasta, any type. I use the spiral.

Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
 Melt butter in a large pot and sauté the onions and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the crawfish and sauté for 2 minutes.
 Add the half and half then add the creole seasoning, tasting as you add until its right.
Cook for 5-10 minutes over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
 I take 1/2 cup of sauce and place in a separate bowl and add 1/2 tablespoon of flour to thicken. I add that back to the sauce.
In a separate pot you will keep your drained pasta. I do not pour my crawfish sauce over the pasta because some people might like their portions different and the pasta will take up a lot of the sauce.

Very good!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...