5.27.2014

Sausage Apple Brie Strombolli Breakfast



A friend of mine from church shared with me that Pillsbury recently posted this dish on their website and from the look of it I knew I had to try it.


1 package of Sausage
1 can pizza crust
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1 small apple
8 oz brie cheese cut in 1/4 in slices
5 tablespoons chopped pecans
5 tablespoons sweet dried cranberries






  Spread 1/3 cup of the marmalade down center of dough in 4-inch-wide strip. Top with apple slices, half of the cheese slices, the sausage, remaining half cheese slices, 3 tablespoons of the pecans and 3 tablespoons of the cranberries.


Using kitchen scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling. Fold strips of dough diagonally over filling, alternating from side to side, stretching dough as needed. Bake 15 minutes.

Meanwhile in small bowl, mix remaining marmalade, 2 tablespoons pecans and 2 tablespoons cranberries. Spread marmalade mixture over top and sides of partially baked stromboli. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Loosen stromboli from parchment paper; let stand 5 minutes.



This was just a test dish and I hate that I did not place it on a nice white serving platter. If I was serving this for an event or occasion I would have served it so it looked nice. My family really enjoyed it and it heated up great the next day for breakfast leftovers.


Hope you enjoy!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...