3.01.2014

Tarnished Silver and How to Make it Look New


I love displaying my favorite jewelry pieces on top of my bathroom counter top so I can see a few key pieces each morning. I recently purchased a very pretty silver tray with my monogram in the inside from Pottery Barn. It very quickly tarnished and the only problem is, my silver polishing cloths were not doing anything for it at all. Since we are stuck inside for a couple of days with the snow in our city which is something we have never experienced I decided to try out a little Pinterest trick, and WOW  it works!.




So here is what you need to do --
Boil water in a pot, add in one tablespoon of baking soda and a square of tin foil, and drop in the pieces that you would like to remove the tarnish from.



Within seconds it was clean and looked brand new!





Perfect way to bring silver back, have you tried this before?

 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...