1.01.2014

Reflecting on 2013


I recently saw a great post on Andie's blog and I had to take part. I think its fun to get to know the people behind the blog!

 1. What was the single best thing that happened this year?
I think the highlight of 2013 was Dallas graduating from high school. She earned, and I do mean earned, a full scholarship to the college of her choice. Words do not express how proud we are of her. Its exciting to think of what her future holds!



2.  What was the single most challenging thing that happened?

That would be Dallas going off to college. I recently shared a post about spending time with your kids even during the busy times of homework, sports, tutors, dinners, grocery shopping, and whatever else might be on the schedule. Time goes by so fast! I treasure every minute!


Yes these were needed!


3.  What was an unexpected joy this year
 This would be the cruise we took and seeing Trey and Eddie experience everything involved. We had a great time and saw so many new things.





4.  What was an unexpected obstacle?
HUM......I think that would still be around Dallas going off to college. I missed her way more than I thought. She is only about 3 hours away but its really not easy to hop in the car and go visit like you would like to. She is very busy and we are so busy with everything from work, homework, sports, and life. We miss our Dallas! Its been so much fun having her here for Christmas.



5.  Pick 3 words to describe 2013.
New, Blessed, and Wow....(wow can mean so many things so I like that one!)

6.  Pick 3 words your spouse would use to describe your 2013 (don't ask them, guess based on how you think your spouse sees you)
Busy, Mom, Blessed

7.  Pick 3 words your spouse would use to describe 2013 (again with out asking).
Dad, Love, Happiness

8.  What were the best books you read this year?
I really do not enjoy reading books. The only two real books or workbooks I read this past year was for a Beth Moore study I did. I love anything Beth Moore! My problem with reading is I can think of 500 other things that need my attention.

9.  With whom were your most valuable relationships?
First of course being my Lord. Then it would clearly be my Eddie, Trey, and Dallas.


10.  What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
This might be because in less than 2 months I will be 40 but I am in a very happy place. Life is so good and I have never been happier. That is one reason I share my blog because its a small way to show how good God is. He has blessed me beyond measure. My personal change is wanting peace and positive people and things around me.

11.  In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? 
I feel I have always been an emotional person so I am always growing in this area. Hopefully we all are.

12.  In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I like this question because every year I feel my faith grows deeper and deeper and for that I am very grateful.

13.  In what way(s) did you grow physically?
In 2013 I didn't run like I did in 2012 and I can tell. I have seen that exercise just has to be part of my weekly schedule. Its good for you mentally and physically.



14.  In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
Again as you get older you learn the real value of a relationship and why treasuring them is so important.

15.  What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
Decorating! Eddie really likes my style and is happy to let me decorate because he knows he will like the end result.  

16.  What was your most challenging area of home management?
Cleaning because I like everything very clean and in its place. One thing that helped with this is I hired someone to come in once a month for the deep cleaning. It saves me so much time and I can actually sit and relax on my off day instead of feeling guilty about what I could be doing.

17.  What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Back to question 16, cleaning would be.

18.  What was the best way you used your time this year
Spending time with my family! I love every minute I get with them.

19.  What was the biggest thing you learned this year?
There is no reason to stress over things that are out of your control because HE has control over them.

20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2013 for you.
Blessed beyond measure and for that I am grateful.












 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...