I tried a new recipe this weekend and my family loved it. It was one of the easiest desserts I have every made. The only thing I will add next time is cold vanilla ice cream!!
Items you will need. They are also listed below.
I love this tool I picked up at William Sonoma to zest my lemons.
There is nothing that smells better than fresh lemon zest.
Another great tool from William Sonoma.
This is what it will look like when you cut the pie sheet in quarters.
You will fill one side and leave room to fold it over.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated splenda, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 2½ cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 – 15 ounce package refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, ½ cup of sugar, lemon zest, and egg and stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of splenda, lemon juice, and flour. Place one pie crust on a baking sheet lined with parchment and cut into quarters with a sharp knife. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each quarter. Then spoon 2 tablespoons of the blueberry mixture on top. Brush the edges with heavy cream and fold the crust over to create triangles.
- Crimp edges of the pies to seal. Brush tops of pies with more heavy cream and sprinkle with ½ tablespoon of sugar. Repeat with second pie crust and fillings.
- Cut a small vent in the top of each pie with a sharp knife and bake until golden, 20 -25 minutes, rotating the baking sheets in the oven halfway through.
- Let the pies cool completely on wire racks before serving.
So yummy and perfect for anytime.