1.31.2013

PF Chang Chicken Lettuce Wraps


Tonight I tried a recipe I found on Pinterest, The PF Chang Chicken Lettuce Wraps.

Source PF Chang



Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Serves 4
INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 tsp canola oil
  • 8 oz white mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 lb lean ground chicken
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
  • 1 cup green onions, sliced
  • 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
  • 8 large lettuce leaves
  • 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
  • 3/4 tsp lower-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp honey
  • crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
DIRECTIONS:
Heat canola oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Place mushrooms in a large bowl, set aside.
Add chicken, garlic and ginger to skillet and cook for 6-7 minutes or until chicken is brown, breaking the meat up as it cooks. Combine the chicken mixture with the bowl of mushrooms; add green onions and water chestnuts; toss together. Combine rice wine vinegar, lower-sodium soy sauce, honey and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl; whisk to mix well. Divide chicken mixture evenly between each lettuce leaf and top with sesame oil mixture. Optional: Garnish with fun, bright extras, like the red peppers and scallions seen above.

I had my butcher ground my chicken because I could not find it at my local grocery store. He was happy to do it.



My family enjoyed this recipe but I think we all agreed it makes a good lunch item. It didn't fill us up like a dinner item would normally. I had the left overs for lunch and it was perfect! I think in the future I will make a batch and re heat for lunch! I would also recommend making double the amount of sauce.
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...