12.30.2012

More Snack and Meal Ideas While On Weight Watchers


The most important thing I have learned while on Weight Watchers so far is always eat fruit and/or vegetable with every meal because they are almost all zero points. They make for the perfect filler item.

If you start to look for something a little different here are some ideas.

Banana Naturally prepackaged goodness you can take anywhere, with the added benefit of cramp-preventing potassium. Zero points.


Quaker Instant Oatmeal  This speedy fiber- and protein-packed breakfast also makes for a warm, filling snack. Add fruit and you have added no extra points.


Light Greek Yogurt  This bone-building snack provides 20 percent of your RDA for calcium and vitamin D. Again add fruit and you have added no extra points.



10 Shrimp and 2 Tbsp Cocktail Sauce The perfect treat--and no one at the table will know you're counting calories. Very low on the points chart. Throw a salad with it and you have the perfect lite meal.



2 Light String Cheese Snacks Any food you that is pre packaged and easy to take on the go is perfect for a snack; plus, the protein battles mid-afternoon hunger.



1 c Baby Carrots with 2 Tbsp Hummus
 The crunchy texture is awesome and I love matching it with the tangy hummus! This is one of my favorites!  

No Reason for Fast Food


If your schedule is like mine I run from one event to another. I find sometimes I think the only way to make it is to run through a drive thru. Well not true!! For about 4 points you can have a complete meal and no cooking was needed.  Today after church we had basketball practice with only an hour to change, eat, and get there. We made it because I ran into Target and picked up a cooked chicken, salad, and can vegetables. All for 4 points! It really does fit into your schedule even if you do not prepare the night before like I didn't.



Tomorrow is weigh in so wish me luck! I am sure it wont look like a huge loss but remember I had to skip my 2nd weigh in because I had dental surgery and was forced to eat ice cream. So this 3rd week I had to go back and loose the ice cream add on and my weekly weight. Im looking for a loss!!!

Hope these ideas help keep you on track during the week!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...