Savannah Rock n Roll Half Marathon


I am registered for the Savannah Georgia Half Marathon which will be held on November 3rd. I wasn't planing on running another half marathon until January 2013 but I just felt I really needed something like a goal in place to help me stay fit and continue loosing weight.

As many of you know I have lost 35 pounds since I picked up running in the summer of 2011. I am someone that needs a plan laid out in front of me to help stay motivated and training for half marathons is the magic key for me.



This is me from the Rock n Roll New Orleans Half Marathon in March!

I actually started training for this today because it would put me on a 17 week training plan. My goal is to run 2 5k routes a week with one long run each week. I also plan to have 2 days for weight training. My off days will be walk days. My diet will be very strict because my goal with this 17 weeks is to loose that last 10-15 pounds. The 15 pound weight lose would be a pound a week.....I know that is something I can accomplish!

Here is my question.........

1. Let me know if you have taken part in this race.
2. If you did what hotel did you stay in. That's the only part I am stuck on is where to stay. I just cant bring myself to pay $250.00-$350.00 or more a night with a two night requirement. That's $500.00-$700.00 for 2 nights but I would have the luxury of walking to the start and finish line or should I stay at a $99.00 hotel and drive in for the race. That would be $200.00 compare to $500.00-$750.00 or even more depending on what I can find available. Your thoughts???

To end on a happy note, Here is to the next 17 week of my life training!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...