I made the most delicious dinner tonight.
4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
• 1 lb lean ground turkey OR lean hamburger meat
• 1/4 c onion, diced
• 1 c spaghetti sauce
• 1/2 c shredded mozzarella
• 2 tsp garlic chopped
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 380 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking
dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, combine ground turkey,
onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over med-high
heat until turkey is brown and cooked through.
3. While the meat is cooking, cut zucchini in half
long ways. Make the ‘zucchini boats’ by scooping
the seeds from center of each zucchini half, using a
spoon or melon baller. Set boats in baking dish, placing
4. Once the ground meat is browned, add the pasta
sauce and parmesan cheese to the meat in the skillet,
and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, or
until the sauce has thickened.
5. Spoon meat mixture into zucchini boats. Sprinkle
mozzarella cheese over the top of each boat.
6. Bake zucchini boats for 10 to 12 minutes, or untilcheese is golden brown.
Hope you enjoy!