6.07.2012

Camp Rap a Hope and Button Up Sunshine!

I had the most wonderful privilege this week to join some of the local Realtors to serve dinner at Camp Rap a Hope. This is a camp for children fighting cancer, very brave awesome children! The location of the camp is just perfect. Here are a  few photos of the grounds because the land is just beautiful and perfect for camp.



Perfect for horse back riding!


The sun was starting to set over the lake and it was just amazing! The kids had the chance to fish and the dinner area was near the water which made for a perfect dinner table setting.

Here are a few pictures of us setting up and cooking. You just can not go wrong with spaghetti, french bread, and salad. Oh and did I mention......cookies!!!





I love how the menu was written on the boards so the kids knew just what was for dinner!



As the evening went on I met some really fun characters!



The kids looked like they were having an awesome time. They were able to dance, fish, and just have fun! The volunteers and counselors were just AWESOME! Im sure you can understand why I dont want to share any photos of the kids for their privacy but take my word for it they were having a blast!

I was so excited when I ran into Kelley Andrews. You might remember me sharing details about her when I met her at the Azalea Trail Run. Here we are...




Kelley started Button Up Sunshine LLC, manufacturers headwear and kerchiefs for men, women, and kids, with proceeds benefitting children with cancer. For every five wraps sold, one is donated to a child with cancer. Button Up Sunshine seeks to reach all those affected by cancer. Its products can be worn by outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, runners, and cyclists.
As a cancer survivor, Kelley desires to give back to all those who touched her life throughout the years. During Kelley’s treatments, she lost her hair five times and had a minimal selection of ball caps and crocheted hats to choose from at that time. Seeing the need, Kelley designed bright and colorful headwear that was not only comfortable, but stylish as well.

I have some of these and I love them. You have to visit her site at buttonupsunshine.com and you can find her on facebook at facebook link

She is such a wonderful young lady and working towards such a great cause!




 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...