3.01.2012

Trying To Loose That Last Few Pounds

I have been doing a lot of research on loosing that last little bit of weight and here are some great facts I have found. I have started putting these to the test and they work!


  • First step is consume 250-500 fewer calories a day, which isn't a lot. There are so many ways you can cut this short amount out. I found 60 to cut out easily just by adding 1 less creamer to my coffee each day with my 2 cup a day allowance. You would be amazed how easy it is to cut calorie's here and there.

  • Include protein in every meal. A study I found showed athletes were more successful loosing weight with a diet that was 35 percent protein than one that was 15 percent protein. Protein preserves lean muscle mass and controls your appetite. It should be lean, such as poultry, fish, lean meats, beans, lentils, soy food, and yogurt.

  • You should eat a meal within an hour after running. I have found that this aids in recovery and makes high fat snacks less tempting.

  • Don't skip meals. I eat 5 times a day and this really keeps me from snacking on unhealthy food.

  • Stay hydrated before, during, and after running. I find that sometimes when I am thirsty my body reads that as being hunger. I drink plain water and Crystal Light. I stay away from sports drinks unless I am involved in at least 90 minutes of activity.
  • I eat my food and I don't drink it. I found it was very easy to take in extra calories by drinking juices like orange juice and apple juice. I would much rather eat an apple or an Orange. The real food items have more fiber and is better for you!

source pinterest

  • Talk about running, I run from fast food. Wow is it bad for you. I find it is so easy to keep weight off when you stay away from fast food. I also find that the weight comes back on so easily when I eat out. Even some of the salads are so bad for you. Stay away!

  • I know you have known this for years but put it to use, only eat when you are hunger and eat smaller portions!
Hope these points are helpful and ones you can put in place!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...