12.29.2011

My Food Healthy Menu Plan

The number one question I get everyday is how is my diet set up? So I hope this helps!


I promise its not full of cupcakes but that would be a dream come true. This was from a recent 5K race and after they handed out cupcakes....yummy!
 The real food plan....

The idea is you want three meals and two snacks and to have them 3 hours apart. They need to have a protein, a carbohydrate, and a good fat. I am going to give you ideas under each category and the you will just want to make sure you have your protein, carb, and good fat. So here we go!

Breakfast:
Protein and carb and my good fat is 5 almonds.

Remember that fruit is a carb
1/2 cup fruit. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, watermelon, melons, apple are just  few ideas.


A few ideas from what  I eat:
Yogurt and 2 eggs or
Yoplait smoothie with a scoop of whey protein powder(buy smoothie in freezer section) or
yogurt and 4 pieces of lunch meat or
1/2 cottage cheese and fruit or
1/2 cottage cheese and yogurt or
Oatmeal with a scoop of protein. This would be your protein and carb.
Protein waffle

I love a protein waffle. Its 1/2c of uncooked oatmeal, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon of whey protein, 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of splenda, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and you blend it. Then cook in waffle maker and I use spray butter and sugar free syrup. This is your protein and carb. Then just eat 5 waffles and you have your good fat.


Snacks. You will need two of them for the day.
Ideas are:
Anything listed above in the breakfast area.
Cheese sticks are full of protein and add 1/2 c fruit
Muscle milk- buy this at any target or WalMart. If you drink it you only need it.

Lunch-
Can of tuna with fruit
can of chicken with fruit
grilled chicken breast with sweet potato
grilled turkey burger with no bun
salad with chicken light dressing
any left overs from good meals cooked the night before
You get the idea 4 to 6 oz of protein and a good carb. (fruit, sweet potatoes, salad)

Dinner
Again we want our 4 to 6 oz of protein an a carb
Grilled or baked fish with a sweet potato and a veg
grilled or baked chicken with carbs
turkey burger with no bun
tacos with turkey meat and lettuce wrap
any listed lunch items

I have my husband and daughter eating this way. My husband has loss over 30 pounds so yea!!!! He has been doing this since this summer. By the way this photo was recently taken after a hike and then a stop at Starbucks. We did stick with the skinny drink!!!


My daughter is joining on it this week!


There has never been anything easier than following this plan. Don't call it a diet because its a change of life style. What diet do you know that you get to eat 5 times a day every 3 hours! I wish you all the best and feel free to ask me any questions!!!
Erica
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...